Analytical Advisory Group, LLC
Solutions not just facts and figures
Reza Mohasesi, FCA, ASA, MAAA
Mr. Mohasesi has founded Analytical Advisory Group, LLC to provide solutions to the problems faced by the health insurance and healthcare-related organizations. He has more than 30 years experience in the health insurance industry in various capabilities, including as a consultant and an executive. He is an actuary with executive experience with insurance, reinsurance, third party administrators, provider groups, employee benefits and managed care entities.
He specializes in:
– Risk Management – Provider network evaluation, financial analysis and forecasting, reserve assessment, pricing and underwriting guidelines.
– Commercial Sector – Product management and development for HMO, PPO, self-funding, dental, vision, prescription drug and group life.
– Public Sector – Pricing, product development and financial analysis for Medicare (med supp and MA-PD), Medicaid lines of business.
– Business Development – Opportunity identification and assessment, merger & acquisition, turn around strategy.
– Actuarial Reports and Certifications – IBNR, GASB (16, 43, and 45), FASB 106, small employer group rate certifications, etc.
Prior to founding AAG, Mr. Mohasesi served as CFO of a Medicare division at Humana. In that role, he was responsible for the P&L of Medicare Advantage line of business covering 12 states and consisting of one million members, generating over ten billion dollars in annual revenue. In that role, he was responsible to identify the drivers of success in each market and implement plans to maximize opportunities and anticipate the challenges in each region. Moreover, he was involved in 3-year strategic plan developments for the 12 states to realize additional growth and ensure the continuation of providing value to our members while keeping financial of the block sound.
Prior to joining Humana, he was the founder of Key Healthcare Concepts, an actuarial consulting firm focused on providing financial support and analysis to provider groups, employers, health plans, TPA’s and various organizations in the healthcare industry.
His professional experience also includes serving as:
– Vice President of Pricing and Underwriting for Health Net
– Director of Underwriting for PacifiCare
– Vice President and Actuary for Transamerica Reinsurance
Beyond his professional experience, he graduated from Indiana University in Mathematics and received his credentials from the Council of Consulting Actuaries and Society of Actuaries as well as the American Academy of Actuaries.